There are over 1.83 billion websites on the internet, and it is consistently increasing since January 2021. To make websites interactive or to stay competitive in the industry market, it is necessary to use new web technology trends.
Being an entrepreneur, if you are using outdated technologies to manage your website and losing customers and revenue, then you certainly need to get rid of those technologies. Consider the web development trends to beat the competition and develop the best web app solutions.
We have mentioned the 9 latest trends for web development, which are going to revolutionize the web development industry. So, let’s discuss each trend in detail.
- Top Web Development Trends
- Serverless Architecture – Accelerate Innovation
- Container Technology – Build Lightweight Web Apps
- Edge Computing – Amplify Your Web App Speed
- Artificial Intelligence and Bots – Create Everlasting Engagement
- Cloud Computing and Architecture – Process Your Data Swiftly
- Cyber Security – Be Alert About Your Website Security
- SaaS – Software as a Service – Cost Effective with Easy Deployment
- Machine Learning – Automate Smartly
- WebAssembly – Write Code in Any Language
- FAQs About Custom Software Companies
Top Web Development Trends
Being a best web application development company in usa, let us help you to find the right trend to develop the web solution. Please check all the shared 9 best trends one by one.
Serverless Architecture – Accelerate Innovation
- Google Cloud Functions
- AWS Lambda
- Microsoft Azure Functions
- IBM OpenWhisk
Container Technology – Build Lightweight Web Apps
- Easily develop and run the app without managing the entire infrastructure
- You will require fewer system resources than before because container technology does not include operating system images
- Avoid deployment issues by supporting multiple operating systems
- Docker Enterprise
- Microsoft Containers
Edge Computing – Amplify Your Web App Speed
- Security of your data – The data will be constantly being sent to the cloud. And being a centralized resource, the cloud never compromises security
- Fulfills real-time requirements – If the data will be stored and processed in a local database, then computing will be done in real-time, without taking much time
- Cost of Cloud – Copying, storing, and processing the data is directly linked with higher cloud costs. If the data volume increases so do its cost
- Cloud gaming (live stream gaming) – YouTube Live Stream and Twitch are some examples of live streaming
- Remote monitoring – It can be deployed in gas and oil fields, where temperatures exceed 50C or higher
- In autonomous vehicles, it is possible to gather the data of vehicle sensors and cameras
Artificial Intelligence and Bots – Create Everlasting Engagement
- AI is actively helping in the different sectors like oil and gas, education, healthcare, finance, government & environment
- AI chatbots are helping to increase customer engagement by providing value to customer’s answers
- Without needing human help, the chatbot will help you to book orders and perform transactions
- AI-powered robots
- AI-powered virtual assistants
- Netflix – Offers personalized viewing experience
- Siri – Apple’s personal assistant
Cloud Computing and Architecture – Process Your Data Swiftly
- Front end
- Back end
- Users had to upgrade their servers frequently based on their website traffic, it was getting hectic at times.
- Users had to work in a specific system to access the file. Therefore, mobility was not possible.
- In case of a server crash, power outage, and desktop crash, data was getting removed. Thus, it was directly impacting the businesses.
- If you are in the healthcare business and manage data on a large level, then implementing a cloud solution is the best choice
- Multi office companies or remote working teams may implement cloud solutions for accessing information and tools as per their need
- Industries like education work with data. Hence, to access the data safely, automate the admin process, and streamline the communication between teachers and students cloud will surely help
- Google Cloud
- Salesforce (SaaS solution)
Cyber Security – Be Alert About Your Website Security
- To avoid sensitive data exposure
- To save your web project from cross-site scripting (XSS)
- To protect your database from SQL injection, XPath, and NoSQL
- Man in the middle
- SQL injection
- Zero-day exploit
SaaS – Software as a Service – Cost Effective with Easy Deployment
Serverless architecture allows to build and run applications and services without managing infrastructure. In this technology, the entire server management will be done by the service provider. Hence, you don’t have to worry about scaling and maintaining servers to run your web app, databases, and storage.
Challenges Users Faced Before Serverless Architecture
Earlier when the serverless architecture was not introduced, businesses were facing a hard time balancing, scaling, and provisioning the infrastructure resources. Since they had to perform each task manually, it was complex and prone to errors.
For enterprises, data and batch processes were challenging to manage because of the limited server resources.
Why Should You Choose Serverless Architecture?
Compared to the traditional server-centric or cloud-based approach, applying serverless architecture helps in scalability, flexibility and allows you to release the web application at a reduced cost.
Serverless architecture allows you to be worry-free by handling major tasks like provisioning, purchasing, and handling backend servers.
Examples of Serverless Architecture
Benefits of Serverless Architecture
The below image represents the benefits an organization has acquired after applying serverless architecture.
|No need to manage servers||As you don’t have to manage servers, you will save a lot of time and eventually development costs.|
|Scalable||If your website grows, it will be easier for you to change the stages without hindering your website’s growth.|
|Latest updates and faster deployments||Instead of spending months deploying the web app, you can update and deploy the app within hours or days.|
|Improve Latency||In serverless architecture, you are free to host an app from any corner of the world.|
Container technology is an executable and lightweight package that includes everything you need to run a web app, such as system libraries and tools, code, runtime, and settings.
A container is a method of packaging an application so, it can run with its dependencies by isolating itself from other processes.
Challenges Users Faced Before Container Technology
Before the launching of containers, virtual machines used to take up lots of space. Also, it was challenging to move software from one computer system to another.
In a virtual environment, the single application had to run on a single server. Hence, you need to pay more to host multiple applications.
Companies needed to invest more to buy multiple server spaces to host different software applications. The server was difficult to set up and manage. Hence, there was the need to hire a team of professionals to handle server setup.
Why Should You Choose Container Technology
Examples of Container Technology
Benefits of Container Technology
|Portable||A container creates the .exe file, which is portable and runs across any operating system or cloud.|
|Offers agility||The container ecosystem shifted to engines, which are handled by Open Container Initiative (OCI).|
|Fault isolation||Each web app that is containerized will be isolated. The failure of one container does not affect other containers, hence secures user data.|
|Easy to manage||Container technology helps to automate the scaling, installation, and overall management of workloads and services.|
Edge computing, a distributed computing model, combines data storage and computation by bringing technologies like local edge servers and IoT. Edge computing helps save time and costs.
Also, edge computing helps businesses by providing faster insights, enhanced response times, and higher bandwidth availability.
Challenges Users Faced Before Edge Computing
Before edge computing was introduced, the system was taking several days to process the data. In fact, facial recognition of a person also used to take a lot of time to process.
On the other hand, the centralized data center was not enough to handle larger user base data. Additionally, it was challenging to rely on the internet to transfer terabytes of data every day.
Why Should You Choose Edge Computing?
Examples of Edge Computing
Benefits of Edge Computing
|Latency/Speed||If the data will be stored in the local database, the computing could be done in real-time.|
|Costs||If you only store the data that is needed and backup other data, then the cloud cost will be less.|
|Versatile||By partnering with local edge data centers, enterprises can target a specific marketplace to target clients without investing in costly hardware.|
Looking for the Right Web Development Company?
Space-O is one of the leading web development companies and is well versed in developing web solutions for enterprise companies.
According to Statista, the AI market is forecasted to grow around 126 billion U.S. dollars by 2025.
Hence, the arrival of AI and AI-based bots has emerged a new web development trend across the web development domain.
Hence, the AI-powered chatbots will provide support and information to create a higher stimulating environment.
Challenges Users Faced Before Artificial Intelligence
In the education industry, learning was not interactive, there were no personalized suggestions provided to learners.
In energy sectors like oil and gas drilling, the operational cost and streamline asset management.
Healthcare was not advanced and some early forms of diseases like cancer were extremely hard to track.
Why Should You Choose Artificial Intelligence and Bots?
Examples of Artificial Intelligence and Bots
Benefits of Artificial Intelligence and Bots
|Saving cost||AI is being implemented in web technologies to find the latest trends, implement design principles, and create a personalized web design.|
|Improving web technologies||AI is significantly helping reduce development costs and enhance the experience of using web apps.|
|Helps to rank on Google||By smartly blending with accelerated mobile pages (AMP), AI is now helping websites to rank higher on the Google.|
Cloud computing is used by small to large companies to store data in the cloud and gives the flexibility to access it from anywhere and anytime using the internet. Its architecture consists of two parts.
Challenges Users Faced Before Cloud Computing
Why Should You Choose Cloud Computing?
Examples of Cloud Computing
Benefits of Cloud Computing
|Helps to scale||You have the flexibility to scale up and down your storage and functionalities as per your business needs.|
|Reduce IT costs||It reduces the managing and maintaining of the server cost by only paying for the server resources your business has used.|
|Collaborate effectively||Communicate and share files and information easily.|
Cybersecurity or computer security protects computer systems, personal or business information from the network, devices, programs, and data from attacks like malware, phishing, and zero-day exploits.
Challenges Users Faced Before Cyber Security
Ransomware attacks were increasing day by day. There are a total of 304 million Ransomware attacks in 2020.
Online internet threats like spam, adware, trojan were consistently increasing, redirecting users to malicious pages and collecting data without their consent.
Why Should You Choose Cyber Security?
Examples of Cyber Security Threats
Benefits of Cyber Security
|Efficient business management||Enhance business continuity and improve information security.|
|Data protection||Protect your data from data breaches and manage your business information effectively.|
|Security control||Improve the control of data security without compromising company details.|
|Software development security||Protect your application and systems internally by performing code analysis, overseeing the procedure and processes.|
SaaS is known as software as a service which is a subscription-based software license and delivery model. It is also known as on-demand software which was previously known as software plus services.
It is the simplest way of delivering web applications over the internet as a service. With SaaS, you no longer need to worry about installing and maintaining your software. You can directly use the app using the internet without worrying about managing software and hardware.
Challenges Users Faced Before SaaS?
Before SaaS, businesses had to install the software on their computer to use it. Hence, usability was capped, and it was challenging to manage multiple logins from different places.
Businesses had to pay a higher cost to maintain servers and hire programmers to continually update the software.
Why Should You Choose SaaS?
- SaaS model offers vertical scalability by offering clients to access specific features or services as per their preferences
- No need to purchase new software every time, rather SaaS helps to perform the updates and patch management automatically
Examples of SaaS
- Microsoft Office 365
- Google Apps
- Amazon Web Services
Benefits of SaaS
|Lower cost||Allows flexible payment by paying the recurring amounts, which will help users to avoid paying all the costs at once.|
|Customization||By adopting SaaS, you will be able to customize your business application according to your business needs.|
|Easy upgrades||In SaaS, the provider will be responsible for upgrading the solution. Also, the cost of the upgrade will be lower than traditional models.|
Machine Learning – Automate Smartly
Machine learning is a type of AI (Artificial Intelligence) that helps software apps to predict outcomes more accurately without specifically programming them.
Machine learning is currently used in email filters, internet search engines, and personalized recommendations.
Challenges Users Faced Before Machine Learning
Users consistently had to monitor their projects and update algorithms to help them perform a specific task.
Before machine learning emerged, it was too complex for programmers to recognize the patterns and trends to write alogirthm for a computer.
Why Should You Choose Machine Learning?
- If you want to use the same algorithm to allow the computer to learn without being specially programmed, use machine learning
- To remove security threats, this is the best technology to use
- Applying algorithms to consistently improve user engagement and conversion
Examples of Machine Learning
- Smart recommendation engines like Netflix and Facebook
- Self-driving cars like Waymo cars
- Gamified learning and education experience like Duolingo language lessons
Benefits of Machine Learning
|Consistent improvement||Machine learning consistently improves its accuracy and efficiency to make better decisions.|
|Identify patterns & trends||Helps to find the trends and patterns like choosing the right product, deals, and reminders to enhance the browsing experience. Amazon uses this to help users to get the best deal.|
|No human involvement||Now, you don’t have to monitor your project constantly. It gives machines the ability to learn about performing tasks like checking algorithms and business intelligence.|
WebAssembly – Write Code in Any Language
WebAssembly helps you to write code in any programming language without users installing any 3rd party software.
WebAssembly is the latest browser technology that helps you run in the browser to boost performance.
Challenges Users Faced Before WebAssembly
Imagine you are sitting in front of the computer, performing a basic calculation (like 100 + 200) and for that, you have to write all the instructions in a long and complex binary language.
Surely, it would take a lot of time.
This process specifically was running on x86 processors. Earlier, programmers needed to write in machine code which was extremely tedious and complex and resulted in an error.
Why Should You Choose WebAssembly?
- Being an entrepreneur, if you are seeking performance and portability while building your application, use WebAssembly
- Offers a near native-like experience to boost the performance of websites, like image manipulation, games, physics, and audio effects
Examples of WebAssembly
- Banana Bread Demo
Benefits of WebAssembly
|Browsing||Being a lightweight technology, it is perfect for mobile browsing.|
|Performance||It brings out the native-like performance in a web app.|
Want to Develop a Web Application Using Latest Technologies?
Tell us a bit about your idea and get a free quote.
FAQ About Web Development Trends
How to find the latest web development trends and updates?
You can follow these 4 ways to find the latest web development trends quickly.
- Read technology news from websites like TechCrunch and CNET
- YouTube channels like Bloomberg Technology and CNBC International will keep you updated with the news
- Contact experienced people who are well versed in technology
- Join social media groups and follow news pages to get the latest tech news
What is the future of web development?
After discussing with our experienced web developers, we have concluded that AI (Artificial Intelligence), MotionUI, or Motion User Interface is the future of web development. If done correctly, MotionUI will create a long-lasting user experience that conveys the message about your brand.
What languages are used in web development?
In this guide, you have learned about the top 9 trends in web development. All of these trends will help you to develop contemporary web solutions for your business.
These trends are still new to the majority of businesses. Hence it is an opportunity for you to jump right in and book a consultation with us. Space-O is a leading web application development company that will develop the right web solution for your business.
We have helped our clients with these custom web application development services.
- Custom Web App Development
- Cross-Platform App
- E-commerce Solution
- Web Portal Development
- Custom CMS Web Development
Get in touch with us through the ‘Contact Us’ form if you need help with any of the services. One of our sales representatives will get back to you shortly.